My Love!

My Love!

Our kiddos!

Our kiddos!

Our Story....

I’m a very blessed mother of two amazing children: Brooklyn and Evan. Brooklyn will be five in April, and she has seemed to obtain all the qualities that I wanted her to have and then some. She is independent, imaginative, athletic, energetic, and downright “sassy”. Whether it’s putting her hands on her hips or yelling some made up song throughout the house or store, my parents just smile with joy to know that I have received exactly what I deserve. As for our new little one, Evan, who was born on January 27th, he brings a new kind of excitement to our home. He’s quite the character and represents everything “boy” that I haven’t yet experienced. He hates his diaper changed, getting dressed, and going to long without food, pretty much anything that makes him just a little uncomfortable. He is making his competitive mark in this family with a fight, as well as making his mom feel like a new parent all over again.

I have been very blessed over the years. I married a wonderful man named Greg, who possesses all the good qualities I don’t have. He challenges me everyday to be a better person, he is my best friend. The past few years have been filled with many sacrifices as I was trying to complete the nursing program, and after lots of hard work in June 2008, I finally graduated nursing school and began working as a critical care nurse in the Rogue Valley. Just as we thought of recovering from a life of chaos, my husband was offered a job in Washington, and off we went to embark on a new adventure.

As I look back at all we have accomplished, I’m proud of the sacrifices my family has made to enrich our lives. For now I’m enjoying staying home with the kiddos and treasuring every minute because I know that it won’t last forever. I feel thankful everyday for the family and friends in my life, and this year I look forward to developing new roots in a new town.

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Thirsties Diaper Covers




Here is a picture of Evan in his thirsties' diaper cover. He is currently 13 pounds and wearing a size small. It fits him very well with lots of room to spare. Underneath the cover I use a prefold held on with a snappi. Prefolds with these diaper covers work great while at home. I tried the pins in the beginning, but quickly realized that they are very difficult to use on a fussy baby. The snappis are great and they make prefold a synch to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment